Wednesday, June 4, 2014

"A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri

The Twilight Saga is a series of five romance fantasy films starring Robert Pattinson, Taylor Lautner, and Kristin Stewart. The five films are Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn (Parts 1&2). The films are based on the Twilight novel series written by Stephanie Meyers. "A Thousand Years" is the theme song to Twilight: Breaking Dawn (Part 1). The series centers around a love triangle between a vampire, human, and wolf.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtOvBOTyX00
Click the picture to open a music video.
A Thousand Years by Christina Perri | Free ESL  worksheets
Click the photo to download my song worksheet

A) Practice the vocabulary using pictures or actions.

B) Listen to the song and fill in the blanks with the words in the highlighted word banks.

(Verse 1)              doubt         promises      alone       fall
 

Heart beats fast
Colors and [1] ____________
How to be brave
How can I love when I’m afraid to [2] ____________
But watching you stand [3] ____________
All of my [4] ____________ suddenly goes away somehow
One step closer

(Chorus)               breath      thousand      waiting       brave     still

I have died everyday [5] ____________ for you
Darling don’t be afraid I have loved you
For a [6] ____________ years
I’ll love you for a thousand more
 

(Verse 2)
Time stands [7] ____________
Beauty in all she is
I will be [8] ____________
I will not let anything take away
What’s standing in front of me
Every [9] ____________
Every hour has come to this
One step closer

(Chorus)
               step        find         darling       brought       I'll

I have died everyday waiting for you
[10] ____________ don’t be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
[11] ____________ love you for a thousand more

And all along I believed
I would [12] ____________ you
Time has [13] ____________ your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I’ll love you for a thousand more
One [14] ____________ closer

(Repeat)


ANSWERS
  1. promises
  2. fall
  3. alone
  4. doubt
  5. waiting
  6. thousand
  7. still
  8. brave
  9. breath
  10. darling
  11. find
  12. brought
  13. step
  14. I'll
C) Discuss these phrases:
  • how to be brave
  • stand alone
  • suddenly goes away
  • one step closer
  • time stands still
  • take away

D) Discuss these questions:

  • What words rhyme with brought? 
  • What things can make a beat?
  • What do you love?
  • What words are synonyms of darling? 

E) Write 5-10 sentences using the new vocabulary.


No comments:

Post a Comment