Thursday, June 5, 2014

"Count On Me" by Bruno Mars

I played this song for my adult conversation beginner class and they were singing along with the tune by the end of the exercise. One student was even singing the song when she arrived to class the following day. It's a catchy tune. 

A fun little tidbit: Bruno Mars contributed "Count On Me" to be part of the Songs for the Philippines album to help raise money for the victims of the 2013 Typhoon Haiyan (Source: Billboard).
Count on me by Bruno Mars | Free ESL  worksheets
Click on picture to download the worksheet
by Maryyy on iSLCollective.com.
A) Fill in the blanks with the words in the word banks.
 
Verse 1
               light         world       sea     

 
If you ever find yourself stuck on the middle of the [1]_________

I’ll sail the [2]__________ to find you
if you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you can’t see
I’ll be the [3]________ to guide you

Chorus                friends       count      need      

Find out what were made of
when we are called to help our friends in [4]_________
you can [5]________ on me like

I’ll be there and i know when I need it
I can count on you like
and you’ll be there
cause that’s what [6]_________ are supposed to do
ooh yeah! oooooooh!...

Verse 2               song          asleep           every day

If you’re tossing and your turning and you just can’t fall [7]_________
I’ll sing a [8]___________ beside you
and if you ever forget how much you really mean to me
[9]_________ I will remind you


Chorus
                like           goodbye     help       cause          cry

Find out what were made of
when we are called to [10]__________ our friends in need
you can count on me [11]__________
I’ll be there and I know when I need it
I can count on you like and you’ll be there
[12]_________ that’s what friends are supposed to do
ooooh yeah..! ooooooh oooooh..

You’ll always have my shoulder when you [13]__________
I’ll never let go, never say [14]____________

you can count on me like 

I’ll be there and I know when I need it
I can count on you like 

and you’ll be there
cause that’s what friends are [15]_____________ do
oooh yeah! ooooooh, ooooooh
You count on me cause I can count on you...


B) Discuss these questions:

  • Who do you count on (rely on)? For what do you count on them?
  • Does anyone count on you? For what?
C) Grammar point:    supposed to   
  • According to answers expressed in Part B, write a paragraph of "what (I'm) supposed to do when...."
  • Example: My sister Natalia counts on me to help with her daughter. When my sister works late, I'm supposed to watch her daughter (my niece) until she comes home.  

ANSWERS

  1. sea
  2. world
  3. light
  4. need
  5. count
  6. friends
  7. asleep
  8. song
  9. every day
  10. help
  11. like
  12. cause
  13. cry
  14. goodbye
  15. supposed to

No comments:

Post a Comment